"care for elderly patient"

About: Heartlands Hospital / Older people's healthcare

(as a carer),

care of my mother in heartlands hospital was very bad quality. she was left in dirty clothes covered in faeces and soiled bed linen on two occasions. restrictions were placed upon her own children visiting her. she was being discharged when she was medically unfit as she developed complications. overall am not happy with the quality of care from staff as my mother was blind in one eye and had very little sight in the other eye and also very little mobility.

She was kept in a side room with curtain drawn and very little contact from staff.

Thank you for your communication regarding your mother's care. I am very concerned about the experience you have described above and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Can I please ask you to contact me directly at marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk or call me on 0121 424 0808 at your own convenience.

I would like to reassure you that patient experience is important to us and your feedback is extremely valuable.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards