"97 year old well cared for"

About: Southampton General Hospital

The staff on T&O Ward 4, and on the Brooke Ward at Princess Anne, took excellent care of my father. I was impressed by their helpfulness and the way they did their best to keep us informed. They always treated my sometimes confused father with care and consideration, greeting him in passing, and exchanging pleasantries with him - this friendliness makes so much difference to the patient. The doctors took time to talk to us; the staff nurses were approachable and kind; a student nurse went out of her way to sort out a little problem for us; the therapists quickly got my Dad back on his feet and met with us to explain his likely progress; in fact, everyone involved deserves a pat on the back for their excellent work! And all this over the Christmas/New Year period. It is thanks to them that my Dad is back on his feet and fit enough to enjoy his new care home.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you for finding the time to let us know about you and your father's experience. Your comments have been shared with the wider team. It is great to hear that your father is able to enjoy his new care home.