"Very slow reaction times"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / General medicine Louth County Hospital Pilgrim Hospital / General medicine

My poor mother in law diagnosed with the big C, we have had nothing but problems with Lincoln and surrounding hospitals (I feel we have been palmed around 3 like a rag doll for 3 months).

Very slow reaction times, virtually zero communication with any of the team including a Macmillan nurse telling my wife to back off and leave them to deal with her.

A large compliant procedure is well underway in the hope the awful state she is in now can be rectified before it is too late.

I now feel unless my life depended on it I would never go there. Everything about this experience is everything that is wrong with the once great NHS!

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Ferrari Fan

We are so sorry to read your posting and would like to help your mother In law and you as a family. Despite having a complaint investigation underway we would like to be able to help and resolve your ‘here and now’ concerns whilst this is on-going– please could you contact the PALS team at Lincoln County with your details and we can arrange for a head of nursing or whoever is most appropriate at a senior level to speak or meet with you. The PALS contact number is 01522 707071.

Jennie Negus