"Communication failure - Hospitals to GP"

About: Leicester General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Queen's Medical Centre / General medicine

In August last year I was referred to Leicester General Hospital for an Ultrasound Scan after a shoulder injury. This was carried out one hour after the appointed time and that was the last I heard about it. No report was made to my GP.

Folowing this in November, I saw a doctor at the Leicester Spire Hospital (NHS referral) who asked for an Xray. This revealed that the shoulder was out of joint, which could only be rectified by major surgery. Special exercises would provide some relief and these would be sent to my GP. Again (and despite several phone calls) no report or excercises were received.

In contrast a GP recent referrasl to Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham for suspected DVT resulted in a prompt report, as did a private referral to consultants at the Park Hospital, Nottingham, for suspected internal haemorrhage.

Response from University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Dear reviewer,

We are really sorry that we haven’t responded to your comment. We did not receive a notification from Patient Opinion to let us know about your posting.

If you would still like us to look into your concerns, please contact us with an explanation and your full details by emailing communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk

Kind regards,