"I owe my life to the staff and local service"

About: New Cross Hospital / General surgery Royal Stoke University Hospital / Cardiology The Princess Royal Hospital / Cardiology The Princess Royal Hospital / General surgery

During a visit to my GP, I commented that I had a bit of discomfort in my chest occasionally, was acted upon by him immediately and I was seen by cardiologists from New Cross Hospital at Donnington Health Centre within weeks. Although a heart scan showed a healthy heart and valves, I was sent to New Cross for a 'Treadmill Test'.

A letter arrived saying that I needed to have a Angiogram, but the Friday before it was due, I presented myself at PRH Telford with more discomfort. They kept me in as I was due an Angiogram, which they performed the following Thursday. This showed the urgent need for a Triple Bypass Heart surgery. A week the following Sunday I was in Royal Stoke having the operation. I cannot fault the staff at PRH and Stoke and I owe my life to such a wonderful GP and hospital service we have locally.

Response from Senior Communications Officer, Communications, University Hospitals of North Midlands

Dear 'MRT8'

Thank you for your feedback, we always strive to provide the highest possible service and care to all our patients and to hear your experience was excellent is something that we are very happy to hear.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments Di Davis Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Response from New Cross Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments relating to your recent patient experience. I wish you well with your recovery and will share your comments with our staff! Kindest regards Carol Bott Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement