"Nothing was too much trouble"

About: North Devon District Hospital

At the end of September, I went into Tarka Ward at Barnstable Hospital to have both of my knees replaced, after being in a great deal of pain for a good two years. Now, three months on, I have my life back again. I can walk, shop, drive and garden.

I would like to thank all those people on the ward who looked after me. Nothing was too much trouble and also Dr Podmore and team for doing such a marvelous op. I really cannot thank you all enough.

The only thing that could have been better was the windows that stay open.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Gill Stait,

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are passed to us at Healthwatch.

This experience you describe was very positive and I congratulate you on such a good recovery.

I am sure the Trust will respond on this page as they do welcome comments from patients.

----------------------------------

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments will help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including receiving advice or information about services please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

----------------------------------

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Volunteer

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.

Dear patient.

Thank you so much for your very kind comments surrounding your knee replacement operations - it must have been an anxious time for you having both knees operated on at the same time, and I was really pleased to note it was so successful and you have made a good recovery.

I have shared your positive feedback with Mr Podmore And the ward staff, where I know your comments will be warmly received.

With regards to your comments relating to the windows this has also been shared with tthe ward manager for reflection.

Many thanks