"Well organised, great staff and above all..."

About: Wrightington Hospital

Four months ago I had a total knee replacement, it was a great success and I have no pain at all now. If you look at the information provided on TKR it will guide you every step of the way, no secrets even tells you how painful it is to post operatively. The appointments, consultant secretary and the switch board staff go out of their way to help. Everything was explained and there was always an opportunity to ask questions. The nursing staff are efficient and friendly. I hope not to have another orthopaedic operation but if I do I sincerely hope that it is performed at Wrightington.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive feedback in respect of your stay at Wrightington Hospital. It is always appreciated when we can share the recognition of good practice and effective communication for our patients. I will be sure to pass this posting on to all the staff concerned.