"the care provided by the two ambulance men"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

Following what had been an extremely difficult weekend for my mother and having had 5 visits from her Doctors, out of hours Doctors and Paramedics it was finally decided she should be admitted to hospital with a suspected "compacted fracture of the hip".

Her own Doctor summoned the service and it soon arrived. Yet again two great guys who helped her comforted her and made the transition from home to Hospital easy for her, despite the discomfort she was in. I have to add that we knew immediately that all would be good as one of the Paramedics had earlier in the year been part of another great pairing. How fortunate was she and us come to that.

It goes to show there is a great team within the Launceston depot and we must once again convey her/our thanks for such helpful caring men. A credit to the Ambulance Service. Thank you. We wish you all a good year for 2015.

Dear Purch

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope your mother is recovering well. It sounds like it has been a difficult time for all of you and I hope you are all able to relax knowing your mother is in safe hands.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients, and their families when they need us most.

I would like to pass your kind comments onto the ambulance crew who came to your mothers aid. Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the date and address that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the staff involved and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.