"very dissatisfied"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I feel the standard of care has really dropped. The staff have a very business like approach. The feeling I experience was u have delivered your baby now and in 6 hours u need to leave. And this was priorities over care. Not once did a midwife came to ask me how both myself and baby were doing. Also because this ls my 5th baby I feel I was treated very differently by the midwifes. I was given slidey remarks throughout my stay. This made me feel very uncomfortable. One example was see you next year! As I was leaving the delivery room. Also I feel I was forced into making a decision to be induced based on 1 dip in the baby's heart rate. Also just to conclude the ward was not busy.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate that childbirth is a very special time for families and I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not one that we would aim to offer all new mothers. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with senior staff in the Maternity Unit

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with senior staff in the Paternity Unit; however, if you feel it would be helpful to discuss your concerns in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care department on 01772 522521.