"Will never use UCLH again"

About: University College Hospital

After being diagnosed with Breast Cancer I asked to be referred to UCLH due to their reputation - it was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. The Consultants I saw were arrogant, uncaring, dismissive and clearly think they are some kind of Gods. After seeing a male consultant who would not give me any explanations of any kind, I then saw a female consultant who was abrupt, cold and once again was too arrogant to discuss a way forward other than hers. After refusing to have chemotherapy they were not interested in me. Appointments were made for me to see the oncologist, my views were never taken into account and I was fobbed off to the clinical Nurse who asked me to call her, however after leaving endless messages on her answer-phone she never returned my calls. The cancer has been growing aggressively since and they have never assisted in any way. They have never given me any choices but insist they know what's best and their best is Chemotherapy whether you want it or not. Your views are never taken into account. Due to the time wasted at UCLH I am now terminally ill. If you would like to have a fair chance at surviving breast cancer do not use UCLH. They have no compassion and the staff are cold, clinical and uncaring. On the plus side they have a lovely new building on Huntley Street...

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience of cancer services at UCLH. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3447 3042 so that we can look into this.