"Is anyone home?"

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital

First up, the last time I visited the hospital it was more than satisfactory. Very clean, helpful staff....no complaints other than navigational difficulties. However.....my mother and I (who live 200 miles away so can't just pop in) have been trying to get through on the phone regarding my grandmother, who was taken seriously ill yesterday, since 9am this morning. We've tried the ward and the main switchboard. Many, many times. We're now convinced that the lack of any living being on the other end of the phone must mean that the apocalypse has begun in Stoke. We would appreciate it if someone could answer the phone to confirm whether or not this is the case.

Response from Senior Communications Officer, Communications, University Hospitals of North Midlands

Dear "Frustrated"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience of University Hospitals of North Midlands.

Please can you contact our PALS Team (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) so that they can investigate the issues that you have raised further. The PALS Team can be contacted on 01782 676450 or 01782 676455 or by emailing patient.advice@uhns.nhs.uk.

Thank you and best wishes, UHNM Communications Team.