"Lifesaving, gold star treatment"

About: Papworth Hospital West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

In December I was flown in the Magpas Helicopter to Papworth Hospital from south Lincolnshire suffering a heart attack.

Nobody could have been more surprised than me that I was having a heart attack…..a heart attack? Me? Non-smoker, fit, good diet, exercise. Seems blood clots have no respect!

What followed still amazes me today as I sit here at my computer writing this…

Paramedic, Ambulance, Helicopter, Ambulance, Theatre, HDU – and all within 2 hours or so. Who can’t fail to be impressed with such a chain of events? Amazing, awesome and every other word that can best describe the lifesaving, gold star treatment I received.

Well, I appear to be well on the mend thanks in no small way to the prompt, timely and well co-ordinated intervention by all involved.

I was mightily impressed at the time and have continued to reflect on my good fortune ever since and continue to do so.

My heartfelt (no pun intended) thanks go to everyone involved in my care and treatment.

No criticism of the NHS here, it's thanks to their co-ordination, professionalism and expertise that I'm writing this at all! ! : ))

Response from Papworth Hospital, Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear 'skyranger112',

Thank you again for your kind words regarding your care at Papworth Hospital. We are delighted to have received such positive feedback regarding your care both prior to your arrival at Papworth and while you were here. Our staff pride themselves on providing the best possible care to our patients so feedback like this is invaluable and much appreciated.

Kind regards,

the Corporate Services team.