"Thank you - great maternity experience"

About: The Whittington Hospital

Our baby was delivered in the birth centre on 16th Dec. We were so impressed with the facilities in the birth centre, and given I spent most of my labour walking backwards and forwards, we were particularly grateful for the generous size of the room! The care we received from the midwife and student midwife was fantastic - they were positive and supportive throughout, sensitive to our wishes, gentle and unobtrusive, as well as being very encouraging of my partner's involvement in the birth. We were unfortunately transferred to the post natal ward because our baby wasn't feeding, but the care we received there was also very good. We often hear how hard it is to attract good nursing staff in (especially central) London so I was really impressed that every midwife and nursery nurse we met was, without exception, patient, helpful, supportive and able to make us feel they had the time to attend to our needs. The whole experience made us extremely glad to have chosen the Whittington, and to live in a country with the NHS.

Response from The Whittington Hospital

Congratulations on your new arrival and thank you for choosing our maternity service. We'll make sure your comments are passed onto the team.