"A mixed experience"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary

I had a very mixed experience at DRI the majority of midwives and doctors who looked after me were excellent especially the midwife who was there with me on the delivery suite. I initially had an induction on M1 and the midwives there were all very good apart from one who took over for the overnight shift, she made me feel like I was an inconvience she was very rude to me and gave me medication and I didn't know what it was. This experience made what was a traumatic birth even worse. This midwife was the only one that I can fault but as this was overnight when I was alone it left me feeling very vulnerable and frightened. As a first time mum I had no idea what to expect and instead of reassuring me I felt belittled and very upset all night.

Response from Gill Pickersgill, Communications & Engagement Officer, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your experience. We would like to look in to this matter for you but as your feedback is anonymous can I ask you to please contact our Patients Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) where you can discuss your concerns in confidence and we can investiagte the matter. PALS can be contacted by phone or email on: Tel: 01302 553140, Freephone: 0800 028 8059, Minicom (Text Talk): 01302 553140 or Email: pals.dbh@dbh.nhs.uk.

Gill Pickersgill