"Care kindness and support for my dad"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

My dad was admitted for a knee operation but sadly developed complications and passed away after 8 weeks in Hairmyres. The main thing was the standard of care, kindness and support provided by the nursing staff in Ward 1 and HDU within Ward 12. Also the consultant and doctors tried everything within their power to cure him. They could not have done more for my dad. Their level of expertise, professionalism and warmth was superb. Also at the time of his death they were extremely supportive and this made it bearable.

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Sorrento

I'm so sorry that you lost your dad; this must be a very hard Christmas for you. Please accept my sincere condolences at this difficult time.

Thank you for your comments above on the care your dad and you experienced. I'm so pleased you felt supported and that you were happy with the clinical care your dad received. I promise I will make sure that your thanks are passed on to the staff involved in your dad's care.

All the best for 2015

Thanks

Susan

• Sorrento thinks this response is helpful