"SVT ablation conducted by the doctor and his..."

About: Derriford Hospital

Dear Sir, I entered Derriford Hospital on the 24th December 2014 requiring an electrophysiology study and ablation for AVNRT, a form of SVT, a condition where the heart occasionally and very suddenly increases in speed always whilst at rest. From the initial phases where I was assessed by the doctor, to the final ablation procedure, I was extremely impressed by the professional care and treatment I received. The doctor and his team must deal with very many cases, but a sure sign of professionalism is when they carry out initial procedures thoroughly and efficiently, and make the patient feel that his case is receiving special attention. Ablation is an invasive procedure, but to date I have suffered no side effects at all, so whilst I consider myself fortunate, I also realise that it is also because of the expertise of the doctor and his staff. A thank you also to the nurses on the ward. Geoff.

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Geoff,

Thank you for your feedback on Patient Opinion.

Best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. Please be assured I will advise the team of the very nice comments that you have made. Best wishes Genny