"patient care"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

My Father In Law is on the Acute Medical Ward he has been left wet through because the so called "Nurses" say they are unable to insert a new catheter because only neurologists are allowed to do so - if that is so how come the Local District Nurse is able to do said job? He is also extremely frail and has now been allowed to mess himself in his bed twice and once on the floor because he is unable to get to the toilet - where is the dignity in this? He is 79 years old and a very proud man , he is very very I'll and these could be his last days on this Earth and he has to endure their abhorrent care ,in fact an animal would be treated better. I am disgusted at this level of care and ,. if I could , would immediately remove him from this hospital but think he possibly would not make it home to his beloved Wife.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

We’re really sorry that the care your father is receiving is not to the standard you expect and would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Relations Service so we can investigate and ensure that you receive a personal explanation of the circumstances. Please would you call them on 01539 795497