About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

Although I am highly satisfied with the level of care and commitment my family member is receiving I am not happy with the level of cleanliness. This is due to the fact that from 2-5pm to 6-8pm I have never seen a member of staff wash their hands before or after seeing to my family member, also I have never seen any cleaning be done apart from the bins being changed. I find this highly unprofessional and it does not meet hygiene standards and through this my family member has contracted an infection which has made her highly critical. How is she supposed to get better if staff are not upholding hygiene standards?

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn that your experience was not as positive as we would hope in December last year. It is important to us that comments are heard and seen as an opportunity provided to the service to make changes and improvements wherever possible.

In order to adequately respond to your comment, we will need to know which Ward or Department you are referring to so that we can forward your concerns to the responsible division. We would be grateful if you could let us know so that we can respond accordingly.

Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this with us in more detail, please feel free to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk

The Patient Experience Team