"2nd baby better experience"

About: Dewsbury & District Hospital

I had my first baby at dewsbury in 2011, I was disappointed in the care I received after my daughter was born and the attitude of some staff, I decides to return in 2013 to have my son, due to having a c section with my daughter once my waters broke I was kept in and put onto the delivery suite whilst my contractions started, around 5!hours passed and a midwife examined me and told me I was 9cm dilated! I was flown up to delivery in a hurry and then I was examined by another midwife who told me I was only 3cm!! I had a student in as well as my midwife who were absolutely fantastic! They kept me laughing and made sure anything I needed was catered for, I really didn't want another c section even though a surgeon kept pushing for me to the midwifed stood my ground and said I didn't want one and I didn't need to have one, my son was delivered by forceps and all the staff involved were amazing and helped me feel relaxed, after care was miles better, the midwifes at dewsbury are lovely couldnt have asked for better people!

Response from Dewsbury & District Hospital

thank you for this feedback and many congratulations on your new addition to your family. we are pleased that your impression of our services was improved on this occasion and wish you well in the new year.