"Stay on children's observation and assessment unit"

About: Tameside General Hospital

My son was admitted overnight with a chest infection needing oxygen. I was extremely impressed with the ward and the professionalism and compassion of all the staff. The investigations and treatments were completed in a timely fashion and my worries about my son were listened to and acted on. Thank you all so much.

Response from Lindsay Stewart, Deputy Director of Nursing, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post these lovely comments. We are working hard to ensure patients receive the best care and treatment and it is great to receive feedback like this.

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

‘’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at