"Health hazard?"

About: Heartlands Hospital

(as a friend),

Excrement on patient toilet wall in Ward 5. Surely this is a health hazard. Night Nurse stated "it's not my job" and didn't get out of her chair when toilet roll requested as there wasn't any

Dear Mosy

Thank you very much for your post bringing this matter to our attention.

I am very sorry that your friend has experienced this and I would like to assure you that I have already ensured that the Ward Manager and Matron for Ward 5 have been made aware of your concerns so that they may look into this matter further and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to prevent such an event.

We are very happy to discuss this matter with you further if you would like to call 0121 424 0808 and speak Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager who is also aware of this matter.

Once again, our thanks to you for taking the time to let us know.

Yours Sincerely

Marie Helebert

Response from Matthew Cooke, Deputy Medical Director, Heart of England Foundation Trust

One of our senior nurses has gone to the ward today to make sure the cleaning has been done and to investigate why it was not cleaned immediately. Thanks for highlighting this to us.