"feel like I am on my own all the time"
About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill) / Diabetic medicine King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill) Diabetic medicine SE5 9RS
Posted by Fire281 (as ),
1. What was good about this clinic?
a. I used to live in Europe and I always have a one off treatment to prevent me from going for decompensation. The staff at this diabetes clinic were very good.
2. What could work better for you?
a. If I get enough attention because I was at the A&E and they gave me 2 drips and I was asked to go home, even though I couldn’t walk.
3. Is there anything that could improve the experience of living with diabetes in between clinic visits (apart from the diabetes going away? )
a. I would like to have more support from the nurses, because I feel like I am on my own all the time
4. How easy is it to contact the diabetes team for advice between clinic visits?
a. It was fairly easy
5. What sort of contact would you prefer between visits?
a. Would prefer either email or face to face as it’s easy to talk to the person and send them an email because I have hearing problems.