"They are all so very helpful and friendly"

About: Ayr Hospital / Ophthalmology

I went to the outpatient eye clinic at Ayr hospital yesterday and was delighted with all the staff. They are all so very helpful and friendly.

The only problem was that I almost missed my taxi home. It was around 5: 00 when I came out of the clinic so it was dark, because of my sight impairment I find the headlights quite dazzling. I was not sure where the ambulatory transport would be so wandered between the ambulance station and the taxi rank, fortunately a taxi drive spotted me and asked if I was waiting for transport to get home. It would be really helpful if the transport service people could let you know where to wait for the transport when the booking is made.

Dear Grail714,

I am so pleased that you were delighted with your care. When everyone is helpful and friendly, what a difference it makes.

I can only imagine how your sight impairment must make things difficult for you and this may well apply to a lot of other people too. There must be a simple solution to this so we can avoid it happening again. When I pass this post to the appropriate team, I will ask them if they have a solution to this problem.

Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience, I hope you are fully recovered now.

Have a great festive season,

Eunice