"chasing appointment... again"

About: Lister Hospital

I saw my GP for a referral in April 2014, eventually saw the specialist on 26th August - the op was originally set for 30 September - but when I went in for the pre-op they didn't have my notes, and the person who had them wasn't answering the phone - so I sat for an hour in reception watching everyone walk in who'd arrived after me - only to be taken to the back to be told they couldn't do the op without the pre-op which they couldn't do without the notes..... and to top it all off I then had to pay £3.70 for parking just to sit and wait..... finally had my op on 30 October - my partner was left to sit in the waiting room from 7am till 5pm when I was eventually discharged without being told what was going on or taking so long - despite asking on numerous occations. I was told that I had to see the specialist after 6 weeks - I'm still waiting for an appointment... and no matter the time of day I call I always get the message saying they're receiving a high volume of calls and to please call back..... terrible out patient service...

Response from Lister Hospital

We’re sorry you’ve experienced these problems. Clearly things haven’t gone as they should and we’d like to help sort everything out. Would you email us with more details at general-enquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net ? We’ll speak to some colleagues and see what we can do to help.