"Disappointing"

About: Purley War Memorial Hospital

I can't comment on every staff member but the doctor I saw yesterday was rude and disrespectful when I went in for a cut on my head after a fall. He did not even look at me when I entered the room but sat looking at his computer. He told me I should go into A&E, which I wasn't happy about, but I understood why. What was upsetting was the way he spoke to me, making it clear I was wasting his time and should never have come in. When you have fallen and hurt your head, and you're feeling vulnerable, you don't need someone speaking to you like that. I'm sure other staff there are nice and I would go back again for another reason if I had to, but that doctor needs sensitivity training.

Response from Purley War Memorial Hospital

I am very sorry to learn that you had a poor experience of the Minor Injuries Unit. The Minor Injuries Unit at Purley War Memorial Hospital is operated by AT Medics, a GP-led company, who can be contacted direct through www.atmedics.org.uk . The organisation responsible for deciding who provides healthcare services in this area is the Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group and their details may be found at www.croydonccg.nhs.uk where you can also leave your feedback.