"time wasting and cancelled appointments"

About: Manor Hospital

Having been in a road accident and having a big operation on me leg. The follow up process at the hospital is appalling. I should have been in another operation to remove screws that had broken to a fitted nail which has been in my leg for just over 13 months. The hospital sent an appointment to have the screws removed and telephoned me at 5.30pm the day before my operation to say due to overbooking the operation was cancelled, with little or no explanation. I had been to the hospital to see a specialist and he had said the screws must be removed. Why then did the hospital cancel the operation without any thought for the pain i have. To state being 'overbooked' is diabolical for our NHS system. Where has all the care gone? And please stop always putting blame on government sanctions. They didn't do the booking list?

Response from Marketing and Communications team, Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust

Hello, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We're sorry to read about your experience. Could you please get in touch with our Patient Relations team who will be able to look into your specific care. Please call them at your earliest convenience on 01922 656463 or email patientrelations@walsallhealthcare.nhs.uk and they will be happy to get in touch with you.

Response from Manor Hospital

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We're sorry to read about the delay in your appointment, you should have been sent an alternative appointment, if this is not the place, please contact Kim Skelding, Business Manager on 01922 721172 ext 6744.