"Excellent care for anxious little lad at dentist"

About: Glasgow Dental Hospital and School / Dental

(as a parent/guardian),

On Friday I visited Glasgow Dental School with my extremely anxious little boy aged 9. We have reached the dental school as he has a broken tooth that needs removed but is extremely anxious at the dentist.

On Friday he was seen by Gillian Richardson, a dentist at the dental hospital paediatric service. The way Gillian dealt with him was fantastic. She spoke to him at just the right level for a 9 year old but managed to help him to stay calm and even got a giggle out of him.

She discussed all his options with him and they agreed on a treatment plan together. He is feeling relaxed about what is around the corner and fully understands what will happen and why it will happen. When we left he said "I like that dentist" - a huge compliment from a wee lad who was previously anxious of all dentists! !

Gillian - your manner is fantastic. Thank you from a relieved Mum.

Dear Dazzle,

Thank you so much for getting in touch to let me know of your son's experience at the Dental Hospital recently. There will be so many people who relate to how anxious your son feels when going to the dentist, so it is fantastic to hear about a dentist who goes the extra mile to help their patients feel so calm and relaxed. I really liked your comments about how your son was fully involved in his treatment plan, and that he knows what will happen at every step.

I will pass your comments onto Gillian who I'm sure will be delighted with your kind feedback. I'm sure the rest of your son's treatment will go just as smoothly!

Best Wishes,