"Bad communication"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary / Ear, Nose and Throat Rotherham Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

I went to Rotherham hospital as I had a horsey voice, I had a camera down my nose to see my throat, they found some white areas on the voice box, the doc told me it was like half way between normal and cancer, I had pre op a few days later, they told me the operation would be carried out at Doncaster, then I have waited 4-5 weeks and rang Rotherham hospital, they could not find anything on there records after pre op and I should ring Doncaster, I rang them and they had no record of me going there, I thought this should have been sorted asap so it did not lead to cancer, I have been worried for weeks and dread to think what my voice box is now, as it turn in to cancer? ? ?

Response from Gill Pickersgill, Communications & Engagement Officer, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Alan

I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience. Can you please call our Patient Advice & Liaison Services office as they will be able to help you rectify this situation once they gather some more information from you. They can be contacted on:

Tel: 01302 553140

Freephone: 0800 028 8059

Minicom (Text Talk): 01302 553140

Email: pals.dbh@dbh.nhs.uk

Thank you.

Regards

Gill Pickersgill

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Hello, my name is Anne Crompton, Deputy Chief Nurse at The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust. I am sorry to learn that no-one has been able to advise you appropriately and understand how concerning this must be.

Please can you contact our Patient Experience Team on 01709 424461 and we will be very happy to help you get an answer to your questions.

Kind regards, Anne