"Delivery suite! One midwife."

About: Good Hope Hospital

I am very disappointed and upset about the care I recieved on the delivery suite. I have been in slow labour for 36 hours went in with contractions every 1-2 mins midwife Looked at me asif I was mad, she didn't inform me about my health nor babies. She took heart beat of baby then walked out upon her return I had to ask her was everything okay with my baby.... She just nodded! She also implied that i needed a growth scan when throughout my whole pregnancy everything has been fine and I've been seen by various midwifes. She examined me which I had to ask her to do.... I am disgusted by her unkind nature. I dont understand in this type of profession you should have a certain nature this lady was cold and didn't reassure me once. I was sent home and will not return to give birth to my child I would rather give birth on my door step. Very upset and disappointed it's suppose to be a happy time in which this midwife has ruined!

Response from Richard Parker, Managing Director, Good Hope Hospital, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

I'm so sorry to read about your experience in our maternity service.

I'll pick this up with the lead midwife and make sure your comments are fed back to the team.

Apologies once again.