"I was abruptly sent away"

About: Colchester General Hospital / General surgery

In December, following a pre-arranged appointment, I spent FIVE hours held in a cubicle at the Elmstead Day Unit, awaiting treatment, intermittently receiving (often contradictory) instructions.

After being prepared for the planned surgery, I was abruptly sent away, untreated. It was most a distressing and traumatising experience. Colchester General Hospital continues to burnish its reputation.

Response from Colchester General Hospital

I apologise you’ve not had a good patient experience. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive from our patients, their relatives or carers. We would like the opportunity to discuss your experiences more fully and to apologise in person. If you are willing I would appreciate it if I could ask the matron to contact you. Could you email me, using the reference “Comment on RDEE4-Colchester General Hospital at 30/04/2015 12:04:04 ”, please? Many thanks Paul Searle, Head of Communications Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust info@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk