"The team were brilliant"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / General surgery

I was admitted via the out-of-hours GP service with a blockage in my bowel caused by constipation due to taking painkillers for a prolapsed disc for a long period of time.

I had to wait a while for a bed, which I did not mind as they were obviously very busy. The team there were absolutely brilliant. I got seen by a doctor quickly, x-rayed and treated and was allowed to leave the same night - I said that I couldn't stay overnight because my wife had just broken her arm and needed help with the children in the morning.

I would like to thank Ruth the doctor, who made my care a priority and got me sorted very quickly. I would also especially like to thank the nurse Joanna (rhymes with banana! ) who treated me very kindly, and managed to help me keep my dignity when I had to have an enema, which is quite an embarrassing procedure. She is an absolute sweetheart and a credit to her team.

Response from Lincoln County Hospital

Your feedback was so lovely to read; thank you so much for taking the time to tell us your story - we have passed this onto the team and individuals! Thank you again Jennie Negus Deputy Chief Nurse