"A&E Excellence"

About: Derriford Hospital

I attended A&E with some heart fluttering problems. I was seen very quickly and dealt with in a very professional manner all the way through. Everyone was very caring and put me at ease. Waiting for a last blood test, seemed like ages but is a medical thing and out of even staff control. I rate the service I received as very high. All of the staff in A&E are a total credit to Derriford and the trust. What was very reassuring is that people were also checked on by staff members whilst waiting in the lounge for results. Excellence through a scary process was my own personal experience. Thank-you.

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with Patient Opinion

Best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

Good afternoon, Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience within our Emergency department. I will ensure your comments are passed to our ED Matron to be shared with the staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments Best wishes Genny