"I have not looked back since"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

In July, Mr Perivali operated on my shoulder, which had been a problem for about two years.

I was admitted on a SUNDAY morning at 07. 30, operated on and discharged at 11. 50.

I went home, but within an hour was on the way to a BBQ. Friends could not believe that I had had a general anaesthetic and gone out so soon afterwards.

I awoke the following morning, did some arm exercises while still in bed and have not looked back since.

Mr Perivali did a FANTASTIC job on my painful shoulder and would like to nominate him for an award.

Response from Lindsay Stewart, Deputy Director of Nursing, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for these lovely kind words I have passed these comments onto Mr Peravali. I have put his name forward to our team who give out an award to staff delivering the highest possible standards of care and demonstrate exemplary performance and outstanding levels of service.

Your comments are really appreciated.

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

‘’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at