"Waiting time to see consultant"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I was referred by my GP to the RAH in June.

I was given an appointment with a Podiatrist in September.

He referred me for an MRI scan in October.

I have been told I need to see a consultant, as I am likely to require surgery.

I have no appointment date.

Does anyone know of the waiting time to see a consultant?

Will I then go onto another waiting list for surgery?

At this rate it will be June 2015 for my issue, which has been ongoing for 30 years shall be concluded.

Dear Hazleh,

First of all, please accept my apologies that your story hasn't had a response until now. I had passed on your comments to Susan Groom, the General Manager for this service who wanted to provide you with the following information about waiting times for referral and the resulting procedures:

"The waiting time for a new appointment has a guarantee time of 12 weeks. This would have been for your GP referral to podiatry. If you then need to see a consultant, this is treated as a return appointment and is not subject to a guarantee. You would then be assessed for surgery by the consultant and if required placed on a surgical waiting list, which also has a guarantee time of 12 weeks. We always aim to minimise as much as possible the wait for return appointments to reduce overall waiting time."

Susan also suggested that if you would like specific information about your personal waiting times, then she would be happy to look into this for you. Please get in touch with me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk if this is something you would like us to look into.

Best Wishes,

Lorna

• Hazleh doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful