"Mightily impressed with swift treatment"

About: NHS Forth Valley

(as a parent/guardian),

My son attended GP at Carronbank Health Centre on Tuesday and commenced on antibiotics for an infection, he began to develop other symptoms and while I knew we had to allow the antibiotics time to work, I wasn't happy with my son's condition, so I called my GP reception at 4. 55pm, explained my "gut instinct" and concerns, the receptionist was brilliant and I had a telephone consultation within 15 minutes! ! And seen within 30 mins! Thankfully a plan was discussed and new antibiotics prescribed. The doctor was great with my son, who is only 10, and he was treated better than I could have expected with a clear plan for follow up.

The reason I share this story is because I was mightily impressed with the swift way he was treated. GP's come under fire from many different people in society and the media, but I cannot fault my GP surgery, they treated my son effectively and quickly and have a clear follow up plan which is imperative to good patient care.

Response from Arlian Mallis, Person Centred Health and Care Co-ordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley

Thanks for your posting,I hope your son has made a full recovery. I am unable to respond on behalf of GP practices due to differing contractual arrangements, however they do have access to the site so may very well see your feedback.

Thanks

Arlian.

• Three stars thinks this response is helpful