"I felt most grateful"

About: Ayrshire Central Hospital / General Surgery

well I found the parking quite hard, also the waiting room was cramped, it was very busy, but there was no reading material to pass the time, therefore the waiting time felt longer. When I eventually saw the doctor, he listened, and took my concerns seriously, he tried to help me, and I found his concern most helpful. he gave me a perscription and was most helpful in that he was hopeful that this would benefit me. he told me he would follow up my appointment in 3 months time so I felt most grateful

Response from Eunice Goodwin, Patient Feedback Manager for NHS Ayrshire and Arran, Quality Improvement and Governance Team, NHS Ayrshire and Arran We have made a change

Dear iainlamont,

All comments are very much appreciated, both positive and negative. We do try to address the negative ones but although there are plans to increase the car parking as a result of the building work (certainly at Crosshouse and Ayr) unfortunately the car parking will remain an issue for a wee while yet. On a positive note, the building work will result in great steps forward for care delivery in A&A but I am sorry it is so difficult for everyone.

when the clinic is very busy, unfortunately, it can be a bit cramped for which I am sorry. Regarding the magazines, my friend has a clinic in Ayrshire Central and she has agreed (with other friends and colleagues) to help stock the waiting areas with relatively recent magazines to help the boredom factor.

I am glad you felt listened to at your consultation and that you feel you are getting the care and help you needed. I hope you are getting better now and all goes well at your next appointment. Thank you very much for your post.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year,