"Diabetic Phone calls not retuned again for the second time"

About: Vale of Leven General Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I have been phoning the Vale of Leven Hospital Diabetic Department for a week now and yet again after leaving constant messages not one phone call has been returned.

I am now getting frustrated as the message on the machine says the following " Hello your through to the Diabetes team sorry there is no one to take your call please leave a message and your contact details and someone will get back to you as soon as possible if your call is urgent contact your GP or NHS 24"

I would suggest that if there is no one at the vale can they not put a message to say contact the team at RAH I am now fed up and tired calling this department day in day out and none of messages are replied to like again for the second time just recently.

Dear Waterloo,

Thank you for getting in touch again with regards to contacting the Diabetes Clinic at the Vale of Leven and I know that you have raised this issue before. I have passed your most recent comments to the Lead Nurse for the Diabetic Team who wanted to provide the following information:

“Dear Waterloo, I have spoken with the diabetic team in order to look into your concerns about contacting the department. They advised that they have spoken to you on a couple of occasions recently, therefore I hope that you have had the advice and support you were looking for. I would be happy to talk to you about this in more detail if you would like to contact me directly through Lorna on Lorna.Gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk. As you know, we have an answer machine operating at the Vale of Leven which asks patients to leave their name and number if they would like to be called back. This answer machine is checked daily and patients are contacted as they request. We did have a small problem with the phone line on the 11th December which was quickly fixed, and I am sorry if this was one of the occasions you tried to contact the team. The answer machine message does provide the number for the Diabetic Team located at the Royal Alexandra Hospital, who can be contacted on 0141 314 7009.

Best Wishes,

Val”

• waterloo doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by waterloo (the patient)

Thank you for your response hower the answer service DOES NOT provide RAH number so this should be done as soon as possible thank you

Dear waterloo,

I have called the Diabetes service at the Vale of Leven and listened to the voicemail which does give contact details for the Diabetes Nursing Team at the RAH, however it provides another number which is 0141 314 6639. Both this number, and the one in my previous reply will get you to the Diabetes Team at the RAH.

Would you be able to tell me the number you are dialling for the Vale of Leven team and I can check that this is the same number and/or has the same information?

Many thanks,

Lorna

• waterloo thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by waterloo (the patient)

Hi Lorna I note from calling it myself that this has now been changed this must have been done after Monday when they retuned my calls many thanks

Glad it has been sorted, and thank you for getting back in touch to confirm with me, it is appreciated.

Best Wishes,