"I am a lot happier than I was"

About: Inclusion Matters Sefton

I went to inclusion Matters suffering from severe depression and Anxiety.

I felt like I couldn't go out of my house without feel anxious, and struggled to even get out of bed and face the world. I felt trapped in my own head and also fell into self harm.

The first time I went to Inclusion Matters I was very anxious, but they made me feel comfortable and I felt like I could open up to my therapist without being judged. They helped me with coping mechanisms and taught me how to deal with though situations when I was in them. They also helped me reduce my self harm and I am just over a month clean from self harm.

I am a lot happier than I was and they helped me get my life back on track. Thank you Inclusion Matters

Response from Elizabeth Forrest, CBT Therapist, Inclusion Matters

Dear 'amazing help',

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for us on Patient Opinion.

I'm pleased to hear that despite some understandable initial anxiety you felt comfortable. It's good to hear that you have been able to stop self-harming and are getting your life back on track.

I'm sure your words will be a great inspiration to others who find themselves in similar circumstances.

Please continue to use the skills and techniques you have learnt during treatment.

Best wishes for the future,

• amazing help thinks this response is helpful