"The staff are friendly and make me comfortable"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / CHLASP Sexual Health Outreach, Education and Training

When I come in for my pills it is easily enough to make an appointment but not always easy to make an appointment as it is not open all the time and usually I have to make an appointment during lessons or when I have short frees that some times run into my lessons. The staff are friendly and make me comfortable as well.

Response from Michelle Briggs, Specialist Sexual Health Trainer, Sexual Health Outreach Team, Locala Community Partnerships

Thank you Table12345 for telling us about your experience using our outreach contraception clinic at college and we are really pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and welcoming.

We currently run the clinic in addition to mainstream clinics in Huddersfield, Dewsbury, Cleckheaton and Batley and offer access to emergency contraception, repeat pills, implant discussions and depo 3 days a week. The clinics are very well received and so it is really important to plan ahead. We constantly strive to make our services young people friendly and we will discuss the appointment system at our next team meeting.

Meanwhile, outside of college times and over the holidays you can access contraception support and advice at Princess Royal 9-6pm Monday to Thursday, 9-4 Fridays and 10-1.30pm Saturdays or alternatively telephone 01484 344260 or visit the Locala website for opening times over Christmas and opening times of other clinics in the Kirklees area -

If you need to contact us at sexual health outreach feel free to call us on 01484 481030