"Atrocious hospital, avoid if you possibly can."

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I visited this hospital for the first time as an emergency admission due to a severe gastrointestinal infection and an ongoing longterm medical condition. I'm a vet so I'm well aware of what constitutes good medical care. The care I received in this hospital was atrocious. The staff were disorganised, threw away samples that were supposed to be sent for tests and basically left me on my own for 4 hours without even basic treatment, like fluid therapy and pain relief for severe abdominal pain. I was dehydrated due to vomiting and diarrhoea, and was never once given even so much as a small cup of water to drink. Rats get better medical care than I received. If you possibly can, go anywhere but to this hospital.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and this is not something that we would wish anybody to have when coming to our Trust. I would really like to explore this further with you so that we can learn lessons from the problems you encountered. Please could you contact me on lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk so that we can arrange a time to chat?