"Except for the Dr and one lovely male nurse my..."

About: Ashford Hospital

Except for the Dr and one lovely male nurse my daughter felt like a number in a bed. Whilst the operation itself went well and all her wisdom teeth were extracted, she had no kind words when taken down, wasn't told what to expect and given no comfort when she got upset. She came round to clinical efficiency no comforting hand. Sorry guys! Not good enough. This scary experience could have been made much easier with some caring reassurance and thoughtful words. It doesn't cost anything to be kind. Thank goodness for the Singing Nurse. Normally a staunch advocate of our NHS I'm sad that my daughter felt so bad.

Response from Ashford Hospital

Apologies for the delay in responding. We have had some technical difficulties accessing these comments. Really sorry and concerned to hear about your daughter's experience which is did not meet the high standard we expect. Without more detail it is difficult to comment further, but please contact PALS on 01932 723553 or email pals@asph.nhs.uk if you would like us to investigate this further.