"Unexpected stay in Hospital Ward 28"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

I had to visit A&E at Pinderfields in the early hours of saturday 29/11/14 with severe abdominal pains. I was dealt with quickly and the doctor who dealt with me was very friendly and professional and made an early diagnosis of Appendicitis and fully explained that i would more than likely need surgery. There was no beds on ward available so i waited in A&E until around 7.15 hours. I was then taken to ward 32 and seated in the waiting area where i remained for several hours as it was very busy. The staff was very helpful but very busy. I was seen by the nurses, doctors and confirmed i needed surgery. Within 6 hours of arrival onto the ward i was taken into surgery and taken onto ward 28. The staff were brilliant and so friendly and i stayed on this ward until being sent home. This is my first ever visit to hospital and cannot complain the staff are all friendly and professional but so busy which is outside there control. I would like to pass on my thanks to all the staff who dealt with me throughout my stay they are a credit to the NHS.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

Thank you for this feedback and your very kind comments; we appreciate you taking the time to post on the site.