"Rheumatology"

About: Basildon University Hospital

I have been very quick to criticise this department in the past as I felt that the treatment I received was poor at best. Doctors were far too busy hustling you out asap so half the time, I forgot a lot of what I wanted to say. Yesterday, however, I had a completely different experience. I had asked to be seen by a fresh set of eyes and although my appointment was changed 4 times, this was a very good decision. The doctor I saw was a breath of fresh air. He listened to what I was saying (rather than jabbing away at his computer, which is my usual experience!) and examined me thoroughly (also a novelty). He then discussed the best treatment options for me and seemed to value my input. Ultimately, he decided the best form of treatment. I came away from that appointment feeling that I had been treated as a person rather than just a 'case'. What a huge difference that makes! 10/10

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are pleased that your recent experience in the Rheumatology Department at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was a positive one. Our staff do a hard job with skill and professionalism and your kind words will be a great boost to morale. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts.