"Emergency"

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

I was admitted to the MRI Monday 17th as i had a severe gum infection that was making my face swell 3 times its normal size. I was seen immediately by the doctor, who couldn't have been nicer. I was kept informed all the way of the treatment i would have, and by Tuesday when the infection was under control i was taken for surgery which lasted 2 hours. I have to say that the service i received was first class, and the NHS lived up to its name as the best in the world. If it wasn't for these guys i would have had to have more teeth removed and my face would be a complete mess. I cannot thank the maxillofacial team enough for all their help. They use the most up to date equipment there is in the world and they do a tremendous job and i am so grateful for all the work they did for me, and the advice given to me whilst i was there. Thank you guys.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments posted on the Patient Opinion website regarding your care last November. Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to you. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication. It was reassuring to hear that you thought that the care and treatment you received from the Maxilo Facial Team was first class. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the Manager and the staff involved.

The Patient Experience Team

Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS Choices website regarding your care last November. Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to you. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication. It was reassuring to hear that you thought that the care and treatment you received from the Maxilo Facial Team was first class. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the Manager and the staff involved. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust