"Lady well unit"

About: North Devon District Hospital

I recently ( 18.10) gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at the ladywell unit in Barnstaple. Words can not express my gratitude to the midwifes who stood by my side. In the 21 hours of labour they were the ones who offered me confort but also strength to continue when I needed . beyond their professionalism I felt big hearts and honest care and involvement. A big thank you. Forever grateful. I.P.

Dear Jo

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on the website, particularly as it is such as busy time for you following the birth of your baby daughter. I was very pleased to note that you received such comforting care from our midwives and have forwarded your kind comments on to the midwife manager for the Ladywell unit, where they will be warmly received and shared with the staff.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are passed to us at Healthwatch.

This experience you describe was clearly encouraging and reassuring for all concerned.

The Trust and staff are always pleased to receive favourable feedback.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments will help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including receiving advice or information about services please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.

Response from North Devon District Hospital

Congratulations! We hope you are enjoying your time with your new baby Thank you for leaving this feedback, the maternity team were really pleased. Kind regards Katherine