"Staff at Ward 15 of BRI- exceptional care for my..."

About: Bristol Royal Infirmary

My Grandad recently spent just over 2 weeks on ward 15 in the King Edwards Building of the BRI. The care and attention he received for all of his medical needs was great, but as well as this, what my family and I were most touched by, was the compassion that the nurses showed him. He sadly had lost my Grandmother whilst both in the BRI. Like all of us he was/ still is heart broken. The nurses were aware of this and showed him such kindness... they all chatted with him regularly and gave him support when he was emotional. Whenever we asked them to do something for him or get him ready so we could take him out, nothing was too much trouble. I felt I had to write to tell people of our positive experience. The BRI and any hospital can seem such a bleak place at times but the staff on ward 15 really made our experience easier and I felt reassured leaving my Grandad in their care. From a grateful Grandaughter. Lucy.

Response from Bristol Royal Infirmary

Dear Lucy, thank you very much for sharing this with us. We will ensure that the staff on Ward 15 receive your kind words - they will be very heartened to hear that they were able to make such a difference during this very difficult time.