"patient 136 miles from home admitted in agony"

About: Worcestershire Royal Hospital

I wanted to portray my gratitude to the nurses and in particular the female doctor who helped me. I came to a&e on the evening of 09/11/2014 with excrutiating pain in my right ear. I was seen within seconds of my arrival and given a bed straight away. The doctor was extremely thorough with her tests, and I felt at ease during the 5 hours i was there. I'm from the Wirral so was a long way from home but was brought in by a friend as I could no longer take the pain. I could have been given painkillers and sent on my way but instead the lady did full examinations and it was gratefully appreciated. It is doctors like this that make us realise how lucky we are to have the NHS, and this doctor should be commended. Many thanks once again.

Response from Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Dear Mr Webster, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to Worcestershire Royal Hospital. Our staff always strive to deliver high quality, thorough and compassionate care, so we are delighted to hear that you experienced this on your visit. Thank you once again for your feedback, this will be passed on to the team involved.