"Wrong advice"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

My husband had been told he has a brain tumor, to be told RVI would inform him of what decision they would make of his treatment, 2 days no later than 5 days. waiting for phone to ring, my husband had to ring ward back, only to be told secretary forgot to post important paperwork. Now we are having to wait another 5 days, i find this a disgrace for someone who is waiting to hear either good or bad news. Both of us eating very poorly and not sleeping, and have to wait another 4 days. I am crying every day causing lots more stress. I think your hospital should be ashamed. I will be taking this matter further as nobody should have to go through what we are going through.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on the NHS Choices website and we are sorry that we have let both you and your husband down due to an administrative error. We would like to look into why this happened so we can learn from your experience and also so we can ensure everything has been resolved and your husband's treatment has been arranged. If you haven't already been in touch with us, could you please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Team on pals@chs.northy.nhs.uk or freephone 0800 587 6513.