"Care with c-diff on Ward F12 Isolation Unit"

About: West Suffolk Hospital

After being admitted with gastroenteritis with severe dehydration and losing control with very loose bowel movements that I was losing control of. Found to have c-diff. The care and consideration shown to me was excellent. I was in isolation and had severe bowel movements. But at no time felt that I was being a nuisance, wasting their time. I was totally out of control and felt sorry for the nursing staff having to clear up my mess each time. But I was treated very well and made every effort to become clean and comfortable. I am disabled with a spinal injury and this was taken on board with no problem. I was encouraged to eat and the food was very good even when I didn't feel like eating. My stay was in all 10 days. I was so weak that I couldn't stand with out help, I usually just use a frame and I couldn't hardly move my feet/legs, this I can do on a limited basis. I had a tough time in there, but it is taken some time to gain strength and ability, my coming home from hospital was on the basis that I live in Supportive Living Accommodation and have care. I had 3 solid days of bed rest except to use the loo and basic washing. It has taken a month so far to gain confidence and able to wheel myself about. All in all I couldn't have wished for better treatment on all levels. At the age of 66 I pay tribute to everyone and thank you for my care.

Response from West Suffolk Hospital

Thank you very much for your comments. We will ensure your message is passed on to the team behind your care on the Isolation Ward.