"Absolutely disgusted!"

About: Darent Valley Hospital

I visited the a&e department this morning with a suspected spider bite reaction! , as advised by my gp if my symptoms worsened , which they did. Upon arrival had to wait 1 hour to even be seen on triage , the triage nurse was lovely and seemed very concerned , however I was not offered any pain relief and had to sit for a further 2 and half hours before being seen by a nurse practicioner only to be told without any proper examination/tests and still no pain relief, yes it's a spider bite take painkillers which I had already stated are not taken any affect. Despite the fact I could not feel two of my fingers I was sent home after 3 and half hours no better of! And in floods of tears , I am still in absolute agony! The nurse practitioner was also very rude and patronising and sed my painkillers are working! ( they are not ) it is in my head. I'm assuming he just put it down to my other medical condition fms This is not the first time I have had a bad experience with this a&he department Waste of time and am utterly disgusted!

Response from Darent Valley Hospital

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the Dept for the long wait and for the treatment you received from the nurse practitioner. I can say that today has been a challenging day in terms of numbers and waits to be seen in the minors side of the dept. It is part of the triage process to ask about pain and I am unsure as to why this has not occurred in this case. I would be happy to investigate further should a name be provided. Julia Walsh Operational Manager Emergency Department 01322 428100 Ext 8206